As the 'Big Day' get closer and closer, there are a million little details that can go running through your head. This includes all the little things that can go wrong. So why not be prepared? A great way to take care of some of the minor mishaps is to create a 'Wedding Day Emergency Kit'.
For years, every time I worked on a photo shoot set I would pack my 'Set Emergency Kit'. For me that included things like mini A-claps, double sided tape, bandages, and safety pins. And I can't tell you how many times I was able to come to the rescue with my little kit. And even today I carry a few safety pins, tissues, mints and bandages in my photo bag to weddings. You never know when you might need to save a bridesmaid from runny makeup or a mom from a runaway hemline.
So here is a list of must-haves in your Wedding Day Emergency Kit:
1. Sewing kit with needle, thread, buttons and safety pins in various sizes.
2. Toupee tape for keeping clothes in place.
4. Stick-on instant hemming tape.
5. Clear nail polish (for runs) and nail polish in the shade you are wearing.
6. White chalk for masking stains (baby powder and baby wipes also are great to have for this too.)
8. Blister protection
10. Breath mints
11. Pain reliever
12. Cotton swabs
13. Blotting papers
15. Emery board
16. Lip Balm and a clear lip gloss
17. Mini Tissue packets
18. Bobby pins and hair elastics
20. Powder to help eliminate shine
21. Small mirror
22. Hairspray (Note: hair spray will help eliminate static on your veil in a pinch.)
23. Lint brush
24. Straws (to drink from before the ceremony)
25. Pencils (or rather eraser - in case you need to make an extra earring back.)
27. Tampons or pads
28. Tooth Paste and tooth brush
31. Crazy glue (No one ever mentions this in their check lists. But what happens if you break a nail or a heel? - crazy glue to the rescue!)
Click here for a checklist of other not-to-forget items.